Nostalgia


I almost had an accident last evening. I was on my way to visit some mates, riding my vespa, enjoying the road (it was raining...) speeding down the banks of the thames on my way to fulham when this skank b*&%!@ passed at a red light! I don't know how I avoided her, but man it was close.

It made me think and realise how dangerous driving around town is. Not like when I was a kiddo, driving around the Toscane village with my grandpa's Vespa GS. I heard that the guys at the Pondera factory still have it and use for their exhibition! I still remember how sad I was when it broke down... Everyone was sad: my parents had riden the thing since they knew each other! It was a part of the family, it had stories of its own!! So we brought it for repair at the Piaggo factory. The guys couldn't beleive we still had one of VNC's!

But I won't let that turn me off! I love riding around town. I feel like a Mob, going down to Brighton with the geezers... I love the whole scene, I am definetly one of the revivers of the movement! It is sort of "passive agressive"!!! You know, stylish but rebelious. These guys where punks before the punks, post modern before the fashion, they started the whole thing. Talk about "romantism au yeux ouvert"! I think that the link with these guys and there movement is one of the easons I love riding around so much! Did I tell you my mum was a Mod? She does talk much about those days, but sometimes she like comes up about a wacky story that happened to her and her mates back then. She even knows the guy that owns the Scooter Emporium on Bricklane. He was some mate of hers or something! I meet the chap, he's alright! Loves scooters to bits, but he was a Lambretta man... No one is perfect! He still got me some sick mirrors for Mario! He also helped me with the paint job... I have to go see him again, ask him about the shit going down back in the days!!

So, that was quite a story, kind of shook me a bit... But it won't break my spirits! The PX is part of me, it is me, my mates call me a Mod!! So there ou go, I can't go back to taking the bus!! Hell no!

1 comment:

  1. the only true way to travel when you are a DH fan around London...let the scarf blow

    ReplyDelete